B4s “Surf Survival” – Byron Bay, NSW
Join me for an amazing, challenging day of learning, practical experiences of underwater swims and drills, breathing exercises on land and surfing specific body stretching..
The 6-hour Clinic (3h land, 3h pool training), designed by Freediving World Champion Erez Beatus, for all the wave chasers (13+) who want to improve breathing, safely train their breath-hold in the water, recover faster and deal with wipe-outs and hold-downs with much more confidence.
Often underestimated by board riders, this type of training greatly improves performance, enhances recovery, provides tools for mastering the nervous system and adds more fun and pleasure to surfing.
LAND SESSION – WIDEN YOUR HORIZON
– Witness the mammalian dive reflex in action and learn how to use it’s power in the surf and for competition preparation
– Learn how to strengthen intercostal muscles for more powerful and efficient breathing
– Practice pranayama and learn which are the best stretches to increase lung flexibility
– Master recovery breathing so that you can recover quickly and most effectively between sets
– Train your autonomic nervous system to switch from sympathetic to parasympathetic state
– Learn about the benefits of cold exposure
– Learn what gives you the urge to breathe and why
– Discover many other routines that you can easily implement in your daily life to enhance your life and performance in the surf
POOL SESSION – FIND COMFORT IN DISCOMFORT
The pool training is fun but challenging experience as we do everything on a passive exhale (so that you’ll be ready for much more difficult situations in the surf). The exercises build up to the point that you’ll feel as if you are caught under a large wave and you’ll be able to control your body & mind.
Availability: 8 in stock